- Markets displayed a strong show returning (+1.68%) in the last week of 2022 after a horrible penultimate week. This surely must have brought back some cheer among market participants ahead of New Year Plans. Nifty still faces very strong resistance around 18100 levels surpassing which we may see a stronger rally towards fresh ATH. What we can conclude from the current week is the fact that the strong selling pressure has been rejected quite comfortably & looking at the strength of the bounce, there seems to be a very good chance we may witness the next leg of uptrend. Lets hope we can kickstart 2023 on a bright positive note.
- Smallcaps led the sharp rally clocking (+5.79%) this week while mid-small 400 also did well to clock (+4.87%). All benchmarks did extremely well to stage a strong recovery after what we saw last week and we are back in green for the FY across all indices too.
- No prizes for guessing the best performing sector of this week’s rally – PSU BANKS yet again with a superb (+11%) followed by METALS (+7.95%) & REALTY (+5.36%) while conservative sectors like PHARMA & FMCG stayed relatively weak with flat to negative returns. PSU BANKS and METALS are the only sectors to stay in green in the last 30 days while the former has been on a dream run clocking (+73.42%) in the last 12 months.
- WeekendInvesting strategies had a phenomenal staging massive outperformance across all categories. Mi 35 & Mi 20 had a great recovery clocking (+10.82%) & (+9.97%) respectively. We are super happy heading into 2023 with about 8 strategies clocking above 5% this week.
Mi EverGreen – Best Performing Strategy in the Last 12 Months & A Special Offer to Celebrate the First Anniversary
Use code NEWYEAR30 to get a special 30% discount (valid only till end of 10th Jan 2023)
Use code NEWYEAR30 & get 30% off on Mi Evergreen smallcase subscription
Introducing WeekendInvesting Loyalty Discounts <W I L D>
We also adopted – Customer Bhagwan Che along with the famous Bhav Bhagwan Che philosophy right since the day we started offering services for retail & we are pumped to launch WeekendInvesting Loyalty Discounts < W I L D > primarily aimed at rewarding WeekendInvestors who have reposed faith in our strategies by staying subscribed for long periods.
This initiative is in the same line of thought as many of our other customer centric initiatives like the Daily Bytes, Daily Insights, User Manual, FAQ Booklet, WeekendInvesting HUB, #askweekendinvesting series, Weekend Chat with WeekendInvestors and also not to forget our lightening quick email responses.
Who is eligible for W I L D ?
WeekendInvestors who have spent 1 year/ 2 years / 3 plus years of continuous time in annual subscriptions.
What are the features of W I L D ?
If you have completed 1 year of annual subscription in any strategy, you shall be eligible to use a special code that gets you a 20% discount , 2 years will unlock a 25% discount and folks who have spent 3 plus continuous years shall get a 30% discount.
You will receive a whatsapp message from Team WeekendInvesting with details of the code at the time of your renewal.
This discount code can be used to (a) renew your current subscription and (b) enable you to subscribe to any other strategy(s) of WeekendInvesting at the same discount using the same code which will be valid for a maximum period of 30 days.
A SHORT COURSE to Help you Stay Calm in All Market Conditions
Usually, quick – sharp corrections amidst a Bull Run creates ambiguity in the minds of lots of new investors. The most important question we often get asked is whether markets will crash from here. Should we exit? and a few other questions like these. We have made several videos to help you clarify many such questions and help you have the RIGHT MINDSET for a rewarding journey in investing.
We have put together a few of our previous Daily Bytes which we think might be relevant for times like these. Do have a look and send us your thoughts, questions or comments if any.
The smallcase products are all LONG ONLY products that invest in various subsegments of the markets but have the momentum theme underlying in all of them. The strategies will pick strong outperforming stocks and remove weak ones once a week (except Mi NNF10, Mi EverGreen & Mi India Top 10 which is monthly rebalanced)
These are all long-term strategies that will create enormous wealth in each upswing and then maybe give some back in the downswing and repeat this process again and again achieving the compounding effect. With patience and grit to follow strategy over ups and downs over the last nearly five years, it has been shown that much superior CAGR returns are possible than the benchmarks.
FY22 was also superb and I will let the numbers speak for themselves. You may read the Consolidated FY22 report.
We give advance notice here on the upcoming changes in your smallcase for Monday. This advance notice can be used to ignore Monday’s update if there is no change. If there is a change indicated you can use the smallcase app or log in to weekendinvesting.smallcase.com to see the rebalance. A backup email is sent by mid-day Monday if you have not rebalanced by then and yet another one a day later.
Note: We are not including LIQUIDBEES as an ADD or an EXIT count.
The performance for the week and the month for all the smallcases is presented below.
Many of you had asked us to make the index series of all WeekendInvesting Products available so that you could perform your own analysis and studies. You can find a link to the LIVE sheet here and also on the HUB under the support column in the content tab.
WeekendInvesting Telegram and YouTube Channel
We post daily content related to investing on our Weekendinvesting Telegram Channel and YouTube channel to help our community take stock of the performance of markets, sectors & our products and touch base upon a new topic every day. We look forward to having you all there! Several videos in this blog are from this series.
WeekendInvesting Daily Insights – A New Initiative
We started a new initiative called – WeekendInvesting Daily Insights to share quick 1 minute content that can help you in your investing journey. Please do take a look at this week’s episodes by clicking on the image below.
We have created a document consolidating all important links that are often associated with WeekendInvesting. Click here (or on the image below) to access the same.
STAIRS is a LONG / SHORT derivative strategy that is designed to offer an uncorrelated diversification option to your equity portfolio. STAIRS will do well when there are up trends & also when there are down trends while giving up some of the gains when markets remain rangebound/volatile.
You may go through our latest weekly report for more details.
All 4 STAIRS models go in line with our fundamental philosophy of making the most and compounding aggressively when markets give us trends and go very defensive as trends fizzle out and enter a rangebound territory, thus providing robust capital & profit protection.
Effectively – STAIRS is a complete trading system (Futures & Options) that covers each of the following decisions required for a successful trading outcome:
• Markets – What to buy or sell?
• Position Sizing – How much to buy or sell?
• Entries – When to buy or sell?
• Stops – When to get out of a losing position?
• Exits – When to get out of a winning position?
We also run a dedicated telegram channel for STAIRS which you may join using the below link.
Become a WeekendInvestor
This is all for this week. We wish you a very happy New Year, please stay safe and we shall meet again next week. Bye!
We are a research firm and not an advisory firm. We do not offer financial planning, risk assessment or customization of offerings. We operate strictly as per requirements of the SEBI RA regulations. All products are non refundable. Please be sure before subscribing. Do read the terms and conditions for using this website and service at weekendinvesting.com