Why should you invest in this smallcase?
Rise in infrastructure development and automotive production are driving growth in the Indian metal sector. Power and cement industries are also aiding growth.
- India currently produces around 88 minerals which mainly include 50 non-metallic, 24 minor, 10 metallic, 4 fuel and 3 atomic minerals
- India is the 3rd largest producer of coal, 4th in terms of iron ore production, 3rd largest steel producer and has the 7th largest bauxite reserves
- Coal-based power generation capacity in India, which currently stands at 192 GW, is expected to reach 330-441 GW by 2040
- Cumulative FDI inflows into the mining sector between April 2000 and December 2017 stood at USD 14.005 billion
- Government initiatives like approval of methodology for auction of coal mines, revisiting of the 2008 National Mineral Policy, establishment of the National Steel Policy, etc will also boost the sector
This smallcase comprises aluminium, copper, manganese, iron & steel and diversified companies to allow investors to efficiently track and invest in the metals and mining sector.
Past PerformancePerformance vs
Current value of Returns on ₹ 100 invested once 4 years ago would beare
Past performance doesn't guarantee future returns & is inclusive of all rebalances.Download chart