About the smallcase
Indian logistics sector has seen annual growth rates of approximately 15% over the last few years, which is expected to continue growing at a rapid pace.
- Generally, the logistics sector grows at 1.5x times the GDP and India is set to be the fastest growing economy among major world economies
- As part of Budget 2022-23, an enhanced outlay of ₹2.24 lakh crore for Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has been provided
- By March 2022, 8,500 kms of road projects will be awarded and an additional 11,000 kms of national highway corridors will be completed
- The National Highways network will be expanded by 25,000 km in FY23. ₹20,000 crore will be mobilized through innovative ways of financing to complement the public resources
- Contracts for implementation of Multimodal Logistics Parks at four locations through the PPP mode will be awarded in FY23
- 100 PM GatiShakti Cargo Terminals for multimodal logistics facilities will be developed during the next three years.
- Implementation of GST, which will lead to supply chain decisions on the basis of cost efficiency, will positively affect the sector
- E-commerce sector is growing at a rate of over 60% a year and logistics is an integral part of e-commerce businesses
- Currently, the logistics expenditure of e-commerce companies stands at around 10% and the sector is expected to grow along with the e-commerce sector
This smallcase consists of companies that will gain from the boost in growth of the logistics sector.
Past Performance vs
Apr 4, 2016
Note: All performance graphs & numbers are calculated using only the live data and includes rebalances. Past performance doesn't include cost or guarantee future returns.