Why should you invest in this smallcase?
The FMCG sector is the 4th largest sector in the Indian economy and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.6% to reach USD 103.7 billion by 2020 from USD 49 billion in 2016.
- Retail market is estimated to reach USD 1.1 trillion by 2020 from USD 672 billion in 2016
- In 2016-17, revenue of the FMCG sector reached USD 49 billion and is expected to grow at 9-9.5% in FY18
- The urban segment recorded a market size of around USD 29.4 billion in 2016-17
- Government has allowed 100% FDI in food processing and single-brand retail and 51% in multi-brand retail, which would provide high visibility for FMCG brands in organised retail markets, bolstering consumer spending and encouraging more product launches
- Rural consumption has also increased and the rural FMCG market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.6% to reach USD 220 billion by 2025
This smallcase comprises food & beverages, tobacco, household products, batteries and personal products companies to allow investors to efficiently track and invest in the FMCG sector.
Past Performance vs
Equity Large Cap
Mar 3, 2014
Past performance doesn't guarantee future returns & is inclusive of all rebalances. Download chart