Why should you invest in this smallcase?
The Indian auto industry is one of the largest in the world, accounting for 7.1% of the country's GDP. The production of vehicles grew at 14.41% year-on-year between April-February 2017-18 to 26,402,671 vehicles.
- Two-wheelers segment has a market share of 80% while the overall passenger vehicle segment has 14% of the market share
- Companies are also exploring the rural markets, which is further aiding the growth of the sector
- India is also a prominent auto exporter. Overall automobile exports grew 15.81% year-on-year between April-February 2017-18
- Sales of electric vehicles increased to 25,000 units during FY 2016-17 and is poised to rise further on the back of the government’s vision to see six million electric and hybrid vehicles in India by 2020
- The automotive aftermarket is estimated to grow at around 10-15% to reach USD 16.5 billion by 2021 from around USD 7 billion in 2016
This smallcase comprises automobiles, auto parts, batteries and tyre companies to allow investors to efficiently track and invest in the automobile sector.
Past PerformancePerformance vs
Current value of Returns on ₹ 100 invested once 4 years ago would beare