Why should you invest in this smallcase?
The FMCG sector is the 4th largest sector in the Indian economy and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.6% to reach USD 103.7 billion by 2020 from USD 49 billion in 2016.
- Retail market is estimated to reach USD 1.1 trillion by 2020 from USD 672 billion in 2016
- In 2016-17, revenue of the FMCG sector reached USD 49 billion and is expected to grow at 9-9.5% in FY18
- The urban segment recorded a market size of around USD 29.4 billion in 2016-17
- Government has allowed 100% FDI in food processing and single-brand retail and 51% in multi-brand retail, which would provide high visibility for FMCG brands in organised retail markets, bolstering consumer spending and encouraging more product launches
- Rural consumption has also increased and the rural FMCG market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.6% to reach USD 220 billion by 2025
This smallcase comprises food & beverages, tobacco, household products, batteries and personal products companies to allow investors to efficiently track and invest in the FMCG sector.
Past PerformancePerformance vs
Current value of Returns on ₹ 100 invested once 4 years ago would beare