About the smallcase
With 560+ million internet users, India is now the 2nd largest online market behind China.
- Government programs like Digital India aim to increase internet connectivity within the country
- To enable affordable broadband and mobile service proliferation in rural and remote areas, 5% of annual collections under the Universal Service Obligation Fund has been earmarked
- The contracts for laying optical fibre in all villages, including remote areas, will be awarded under the Bharatnet project through the PPP route in 2022-23
- Despite its large size, there's tremendous scope for growth since internet penetration is only 48%, compared to more than 90% in developed nations
- Growing per capita income and an expanding technologically-savvy user base has increased demand for high-speed internet and pushed up the usage of data
This smallcase consists of companies like data providers, equipment manufacturers and infrastructure enablers working in the data chain and enabling higher internet penetration in India. The smallcase also contains online services companies that will benefit from higher digital penetration.
Past Performance vs
Equity Large Cap
Apr 4, 2016
Note: All performance graphs & numbers are calculated using only the live data and includes rebalances. Past performance doesn't include cost or guarantee future returns.