About the smallcase
The Indian energy sector consists of oil & gas as well as power companies.
• Electricity demand in the country has increased rapidly and is expected to rise further in the years to come, which is why massive addition to the installed generating capacity is required.
• Government’s focus on attaining ‘Power for all’ has accelerated capacity addition in the country.
• Total installed capacity of power stations in India stood at 395,070 MW as on January 2022, showing tremendous growth over the past 5 years.
• Government is focusing on expanding gas infrastructure across the country. 100 more districts in the next 3 years will be added to the City Gas Distribution network.
• Government has also been supporting the sector by allowing 100% FDI in different segments.
• As part of Budget 2021-22, a power distribution sector scheme will be launched with an outlay of ₹3.06 lakh crores over 5 years.
This smallcase comprises coal, power transmission & distribution, power trading, gas distribution, power generation and oil & gas companies to allow investors to efficiently track and invest in the energy sector.
Past Performance vs
Equity Large Cap
Apr 4, 2016
Note: All performance graphs & numbers are calculated using only the live data and includes rebalances. Past performance doesn't include cost or guarantee future returns.