About the smallcase
Rise in infrastructure development and automotive production are driving growth of the Indian metal sector. Booming power and cement industries are also aiding growth.
- India is the 2nd largest crude steel producer, 3rd largest producer of coal and 4th largest in terms of iron ore production. It also has the 7th largest bauxite reserves.
- 100% FDI is allowed in the mining sector and exploration of metal and nonmetal ores under the automatic route.
- The Government aims to increase the steel production capacity to 300 MT by 2030-31, indicating new opportunities in the sector.
- Cumulative FDI inflows into the mining and coal production sectors between April 2000 and March 2020 stood at US$ 2758.44 million
- To achieve transparency as well as better regulation and enforcement, the National Mineral Policy 2019 has been launched.
This smallcase comprises aluminum, copper, manganese, iron & steel and diversified companies to allow investors to efficiently track and invest in the metals and mining sector.
Past Performance vs
Current value of ₹ 100 invested once
at launchwould be
Apr 4, 2016
Note: All performance graphs & numbers are calculated using only the live data and includes rebalances. Past performance doesn't include cost or guarantee future returns.