About the smallcase
With 64% of India's population living in rural areas, the rural sector is one of the major driving forces behind India's economy. Nearly 55% of the population relies on agriculture for their livelihood and it contributes 17% to the nation's GDP. The rural sector has been a key driver of the Indian economy.
- Thanks to government initiatives, increased disposable income, and infrastructural development, rural consumption is on the rise. It is estimated that consumption in rural India is growing at 1.5 times the rate in urban India.
- Rural development has also been the key priority for the Indian government consistently over the years.
- As part of Budget 2023-24, the total outlay towards major agriculture and rural development projects stands at ₹2 lakh crores
- Agri-focused schemes like Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojna, Krishionnati Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana have seen a significant jump in allocation.
- With the growth of rural markets, more and more companies will focus on tailoring their products and marketing strategies to cater to the unique needs and preferences of rural consumers.
This smallcase has companies that either derive a significant amount of their revenue from rural India or are striving to enhance their foothold across rural markets to benefit from increasing rural demand.
Live Performance vs
Equity Large Cap
Apr 4, 2016
Note: Live performance includes rebalances. It is a tool to communicate factual return information and should not be seen as advertisement or promotion.