Why should you invest in this smallcase?
Rise in infrastructure development and automotive production are driving growth of the Indian metal sector. Booming power and cement industries are also aiding growth.
- India currently produces around 95 minerals - 10 metallic, 4 fuel and 3 atomic minerals, 23 non-metallic and 55 minor minerals.
- India is the 2nd largest crude steel producer, 3rd largest producer of coal and 4th largest in terms of iron ore production. It also has the 7th largest bauxite reserves.
- 100% FDI is allowed in the mining sector and exploration of metal and nonmetal ores under the automatic route.
- The Government aims to increase the steel production capacity to 300 MT by 2030-31 from 134.6 MT in 2017-2018, indicating new opportunities in the sector.
- Cumulative FDI inflows into the mining and coal production sectors between April 2000 and March 2020 stood at US$ 2758.44 million
- To achieve transparency as well as better regulation and enforcement, the National Mineral Policy 2019 has been launched.
This smallcase comprises aluminum, copper, manganese, iron & steel and diversified companies to allow investors to efficiently track and invest in the metals and mining sector.
Past Performance vs
Mar 3, 2014
Note: Past performance graph includes changes due to rebalance, events like stock splits & mergers. Also, past performance doesn't guarantee future returns