- Markets seem to continue on correction mode with Nifty losing 1.3% this week. This week started on a positive note with two consecutive green sessions but lack of strength on the demand side meant that the most recent resistance level of 18265 could not be surpassed resulting in a further break down. The last three sessions have been negative and we are exactly near an important support of 17775 which might as well decide the fate of Nifty in the near short term.
- Nifty remained the weakest amongst the lot losing 1.36% while the mid-small 400 index was relatively strongest losing about half a percent. In the last 30 days, all benchmark indices have uniformly lost between 3% and 4%.
- Profit booking was felt across all sectors this week. Money took shelter in FMCG and PHARMA while majority of the sectors lost between 1% to 2%. BANKING stocks witnessed some correction after a good run in the up trend. When you look at the performance in the last 1 month, IT & REALTY have been the weakest losing about 8% each.
- Mi MT Allcap returned good figures of 1.7% followed by Mi 20 which gained 0.95% while most other strategies remained synonymous with their benchmarks. Mi NNF 10 , Mi ST ATH and Mi ATH 2 lost in excess of 2%. Dec 2022 hit our all cap bouquet quite hard as the losses in the last 1 month are about 10% completely eclipsing the good results accumulated till then. We will be patient till we witness another leg of uptrend where we hope to quickly cash in , make the most and finish FY 23 on a good note.
Mi EverGreen – Best Performing Strategy in the Last 12 Months & A Special Offer to Celebrate the First Anniversary
Use code NEWYEAR30 to get a special 30% discount (valid only till end of 10th Jan 2023)
Subscribe with NEWYEAR30 & get 30% off on Mi Evergreen smallcase subscription
WeekendInvesting Performance Report : Q3 FY 2023
You may access the full report here
WeekendInvesting Loyalty Discounts <W I L D>
We also adopted – Customer Bhagwan Che along with the famous Bhav Bhagwan Che philosophy right since the day we started offering services for retail & we are pumped to launch WeekendInvesting Loyalty Discounts < W I L D > primarily aimed at rewarding WeekendInvestors who have reposed faith in our strategies by staying subscribed for long periods.
This initiative is in the same line of thought as many of our other customer centric initiatives like the Daily Bytes, Daily Insights, User Manual, FAQ Booklet, WeekendInvesting HUB, #askweekendinvesting series, Weekend Chat with WeekendInvestors and also not to forget our lightening quick email responses.
Who is eligible for W I L D ?
WeekendInvestors who have spent 1 year/ 2 years / 3 plus years of continuous time in annual subscriptions.
What are the features of W I L D ?
If you have completed 1 year of annual subscription in any strategy, you shall be eligible to use a special code that gets you a 20% discount , 2 years will unlock a 25% discount and folks who have spent 3 plus continuous years shall get a 30% discount.
You will receive a whatsapp message from Team WeekendInvesting with details of the code at the time of your renewal.
This discount code can be used to
(a) renew your current subscription and
(b) enable you to subscribe to any other strategy(s) of WeekendInvesting at the same discount using the same code which will be valid for a maximum period of 30 days.
A SHORT COURSE to Help you Stay Calm in All Market Conditions
Usually, quick – sharp corrections amidst a Bull Run creates ambiguity in the minds of lots of new investors. The most important question we often get asked is whether markets will crash from here. Should we exit? and a few other questions like these. We have made several videos to help you clarify many such questions and help you have the RIGHT MINDSET for a rewarding journey in investing.
We have put together a few of our previous Daily Bytes which we think might be relevant for times like these. Do have a look and send us your thoughts, questions or comments if any.
The smallcase products are all LONG ONLY products that invest in various subsegments of the markets but have the momentum theme underlying in all of them. The strategies will pick strong outperforming stocks and remove weak ones once a week (except Mi NNF10, Mi EverGreen & Mi India Top 10 which is monthly rebalanced)
These are all long-term strategies that will create enormous wealth in each upswing and then maybe give some back in the downswing and repeat this process again and again achieving the compounding effect. With patience and grit to follow strategy over ups and downs over the last nearly five years, it has been shown that much superior CAGR returns are possible than the benchmarks.
FY22 was also superb and I will let the numbers speak for themselves. You may read the Consolidated FY22 report.
We give advance notice here on the upcoming changes in your smallcase for Monday. This advance notice can be used to ignore Monday’s update if there is no change. If there is a change indicated you can use the smallcase app or log in to weekendinvesting.smallcase.com to see the rebalance. A backup email is sent by mid-day Monday if you have not rebalanced by then and yet another one a day later.
Note: We are not including LIQUIDBEES as an ADD or an EXIT count.
The performance for the week and the month for all the smallcases is presented below.
Many of you had asked us to make the index series of all WeekendInvesting Products available so that you could perform your own analysis and studies. You can find a link to the LIVE sheet here and also on the HUB under the support column in the content tab.
WeekendInvesting Telegram and YouTube Channel
We post daily content related to investing on our Weekendinvesting Telegram Channel and YouTube channel to help our community take stock of the performance of markets, sectors & our products and touch base upon a new topic every day. We look forward to having you all there! Several videos in this blog are from this series.
WeekendInvesting Daily Insights – A New Initiative
We started a new initiative called – WeekendInvesting Daily Insights to share quick 1 minute content that can help you in your investing journey. Please do take a look at this week’s episodes by clicking on the image below.
STAIRS is a LONG / SHORT derivative strategy that is designed to offer an uncorrelated diversification option to your equity portfolio. STAIRS will do well when there are up trends & also when there are down trends while giving up some of the gains when markets remain rangebound/volatile.
You may go through our latest weekly report for more details.
All 4 STAIRS models go in line with our fundamental philosophy of making the most and compounding aggressively when markets give us trends and go very defensive as trends fizzle out and enter a rangebound territory, thus providing robust capital & profit protection.
Effectively – STAIRS is a complete trading system (Futures & Options) that covers each of the following decisions required for a successful trading outcome:
• Markets – What to buy or sell?
• Position Sizing – How much to buy or sell?
• Entries – When to buy or sell?
• Stops – When to get out of a losing position?
• Exits – When to get out of a winning position?
We also run a dedicated telegram channel for STAIRS which you may join using the below link.