Discover smallcases from Weekend Investing
- One or two decent sessions and that should take us to the moment we all have been waiting for patiently for more than 12 months – New All-Time High! Nifty 50 clocked (+1.12%) marginally closing above the important resistance level around 18450. Since this is the level at which consolidation started around Oct 2021, we may observe another test surpassing which we should hopefully see a super rapid up trend. We are now less than 100 points away from a new all-time high (18604) & the upcoming week will be super interesting if we can quickly hit ATH and move above.
- What adds more optimism is the strength displayed by Midcaps & Smallcaps with Mid-Small 400 & Smallcap 250 indices leading the weekly performance charts with gains of (+1.92%) & (+1.94%) respectively. The rest of the benchmarks clocked about 1% with Nifty Jnr being the weakest. Nifty 50 has also been the strongest performer in the last 30 days clocking about (+4.85%) gains.
- Speaking about the gun performance by PSU Banks has almost become a routine in every weekly report for quite some time now. This week is no different with the sector clocking (at +5.18%) followed by PSE at (+3.21%). PSU Banks have now returned (+18%) in the last 1 month & a whopping (+37%) in the last 3 months while the FY 23 performance stands at a staggering (+48.54%).
- WeekendInvesting strategies did quite well to track the markets this week. Mi 20 rocketed to the clock (+4.04%), Mi 35 continued its good run clocking (+2.15%), Mi 50 & Mi ATH 2 also did well to return (+2.13%) while Mi NNF 10 had an average outing in the last few sessions after doing very well in the past. We hope this will be the beginning of another up trend.
Brand New Smallcase – Mi India Top 10!
Mi India Top 10 has been received with so much love from all corners. We would like to convey our heartfelt thanks to each and every investor for the faith & we hope to see you invested for many many years and
This is AN AFFORDABLE – LOW CHURN – MONTHLY REBALANCED ROTATIONAL MOMENTUM strategy that invests in Top 10 trending stocks from the robust Nifty 50 Universe.
This Consolidated Document contains all details – Introductory Video, interactive performance Charts & ppt, all videos made on the strategy.
A SHORT COURSE to Help you Stay Calm in All Market Conditions
Usually, quick – sharp corrections amidst a Bull Run creates ambiguity in the minds of lots of new investors. The most important question we often get asked is whether markets will crash from here. Should we exit? and a few other questions like these. We have made several videos to help you clarify many such questions and help you have the RIGHT MINDSET for a rewarding journey in investing.
We have put together a few of our previous Daily Bytes which we think might be relevant for times like these. Do have a look and send us your thoughts, questions or comments if any.
The smallcase products are all LONG ONLY products that invest in various subsegments of the markets but have the momentum theme underlying in all of them. The strategies will pick strong outperforming stocks and remove weak ones once a week (except Mi NNF10, Mi EverGreen & Mi India Top 10 which is monthly rebalanced)
These are all long-term strategies that will create enormous wealth in each upswing and then maybe give some back in the downswing and repeat this process again and again achieving the compounding effect. With patience and grit to follow strategy over ups and downs over the last nearly five years, it has been shown that much superior CAGR returns are possible than the benchmarks.
FY22 was also superb and I will let the numbers speak for themselves. You may read the Consolidated FY22 report.
We give advance notice here on the upcoming changes in your smallcase for Monday. This advance notice can be used to ignore Monday’s update if there is no change. If there is a change indicated you can use the smallcase app or log in to weekendinvesting.smallcase.com to see the rebalance. A backup email is sent by mid-day Monday if you have not rebalanced by then and yet another one a day later.
Note: We are not including LIQUIDBEES as an ADD or an EXIT count.
The performance for the week and the month for all the smallcases is presented below.
Many of you had asked us to make the index series of all WeekendInvesting Products available so that you could perform your own analysis and studies. You can find a link to the LIVE sheet here and also on the HUB under the support column in the content tab.
WeekendInvesting Telegram and YouTube Channel
We post daily content related to investing on our Weekendinvesting Telegram Channel and YouTube channel to help our community take stock of the performance of markets, sectors & our products and touch base upon a new topic every day. We look forward to having you all there! Several videos in this blog are from this series.
We have created a document consolidating all important links that are often associated with WeekendInvesting. Click here (or on the image below) to access the same.
Mi 35 Product Description Video
We have launched revamped versions of our STAIRS models and we had made a video giving you a basic introduction to the models.
STAIRS is a LONG / SHORT derivative strategy that is designed to offer an uncorrelated diversification option to your equity portfolio. STAIRS will do well when there are up trends & also when there are down trends while giving up some of the gains when markets remain rangebound/volatile.
You may go through our latest weekly report for more details.
All 4 STAIRS models go in line with our fundamental philosophy of making the most and compounding aggressively when markets give us trends and go very defensive as trends fizzle out and enter a rangebound territory thus providing robust capital & profit protection.
Effectively – STAIRS is a complete trading system (Futures & Options) that covers each of the following decisions required for a successful trading outcome:
• Markets – What to buy or sell?
• Position Sizing – How much to buy or sell?
• Entries – When to buy or sell?
• Stops – When to get out of a losing position?
• Exits – When to get out of a winning position?
We also run a dedicated telegram channel for STAIRS which you may join using this link
Discover smallcases from Weekend Investing
This is all for this week. Please stay safe and we shall meet again next week. Bye!