The experience of investing in smallcases is very similar to that in mutual funds, at the same time, also provides the flexibility to modify stocks/weights for a particular smallcase when required.
Introducing another feature to help you manage your smallcase investments better – Partial Exit.
Till now, exiting a smallcase would help you place sell orders for all the shares of stocks you hold in the smallcase & redeem the current value of the smallcase.
Partial exit is the latest addition to managing your smallcase. Through this feature, you can place a sell order for a specified sum of money, that is, a portion of the total value of your smallcase. For example, if your investment is Rs. 100, you can partially exit your smallcase by placing sell orders worth Rs. 80.
Removing/managing stocks vs Partial Exit
When you remove or manage stocks in a smallcase, you’re placing sell orders for individual stocks by choosing the number of shares of a particular stock you’d like to sell – hence changing the weighting scheme of the smallcase.
With partial exit, you will be placing sell orders for a specific amount of the current value of your smallcase ensuring minimum deviation for the weighting scheme of your smallcase.
How it works
Select Exit Type
- Upon navigating to the ‘Manage’ section for a smallcase from your investments page , an overview of all that you can do with your smallcase will be displayed
- When you select the ‘Exit’ tab, you’ll be given the option of choosing between a whole/complete exit or a partial exit
Enter partial exit amount
- The current value of your smallcase will be displayed for your reference before you can go ahead with the partial exit
- In the amount section, the maximum amount upto which you can place an order for partial exit will be auto displayed. If you have a want to exit for a lesser amount, you can input this (You can see the maximum amount upto which you can partially exit under the amount box)
- Upon entering the amount, it will be adjusted to the closest possible amount to ensure that there are minimal changes in the weighting scheme
Review & Place orders
- After you confirm the specified amount, the sell orders that will be placed will be shown as a confirmation step
- Upon placing the partial exit order, you’ll be asked to ‘Confirm’ to place the trades
Note: You can view the partial exit order for a smallcase on the Orders page as a separate batch.