Popular Ethanol Stocks to Invest in 2023.
Ethanol is a by-product of the sugar industry. A variety of plant sources, such as sugarcane, corn, and wheat produce this renewable fuel. A blend of gasoline and a clean-burning fuel is used to reduce harmful emissions from vehicles. People consider ethanol a biofuel, and it is one of the most widely used alternative fuels in the world. Additionally, Ethanol producers primarily produce ethanol from sugarcane molasses in India and use it as a fuel additive to gasoline. Thus, due to the rising demand for cleaner energy sources and the government’s shift towards sustainable and green energy sources, the ethanol industry is slowly gaining momentum. As a result, the stock market has shown a keen interest in ethanol stocks, and the ethanol share prices of ethanol producing companies in India have risen significantly over the years.
In this blog, we have explored the ethanol stocks in India and how many ethanol producing companies have increased substantially. Let’s dive deep into the world of ethanol and how to invest in some of the best ethanol stocks in India.
Ethanol Stock Market – Synopsis
The use of ethanol as a fuel dates back to the early 20th century when it was first used in the United States as a fuel additive to increase octane ratings and reduce air pollution. n the 1970s, India started producing ethanol from sugarcane primarily for industrial purposes. However, the Indian government recognized the potential of ethanol as a renewable fuel in the early 2000s, and since then, the production and use of ethanol as a fuel have been steadily increasing.
The International Energy Agency states India is predicted to become the world’s third-largest ethanol economy by 2026, surpassing the United States and Brazil. Considering that India is expected to increase its ethanol consumption to 3 billion litres by 2021, this is not surprising.
Currently, the ethanol stocks market in India is on the rise, with several companies involved in the production and sale of ethanol. The Indian government has set a target of achieving 20% ethanol blending with petrol by 2025, which is expected to boost the demand for ethanol in the coming years. This has led to a surge in the ethanol share prices of ethanol-producing companies, with investors showing keen interest in this sector
List of Popular Ethanol stocks in India
India is rapidly emerging as a global player in the ethanol industry, and as such, the demand for ethanol shares in India has seen significant growth among investors. Here is an ethanol stock list of popular ethanol stocks in India for those looking to invest in this burgeoning industry.
|S.No.||Company Name||Market Cap|
|1.||Shree Renuka Sugars Ltd||9,673.99|
|2.||E I D-Parry (India) Ltd||8,611.38|
|3.||Balrampur Chini Mills Ltd||8,254.57|
|4.||Triveni Engineering and Industries Ltd||6,090.84|
|5.||Bannari Amman Sugars Ltd||3,456.19|
Ethanol Shares in India – A Brief Overview
Let’s review and understand why these ethanol producing companies in India are considered the top ethanol stocks.
1. Shree Renuka Sugars Ltd: Shree Renuka Sugars Ltd is an Indian company that is primarily engaged in the manufacturing and sale of sugar, ethanol, and power. The company also produces and sells bio-fertilizers and bio-pesticides.
- Incorporation date: 1995
- Founder: Narendra Murkumbi
- Products: Sugar, Ethanol, Power, Bio-fertilizers, and Bio-pesticides.
2. E I D-Parry (India) Ltd: E I D-Parry (India) Ltd is a leading player in the Indian sugar industry, involved in the manufacture and sale of sugar, bio-pesticides, and nutraceuticals. The company is a part of the Murugappa Group, a conglomerate of companies in India.
- Incorporation date: 1975
- Founder: Murugappa Group
- Products: Sugar, Bio-pesticides, and Nutraceuticals.
3. Balrampur Chini Mills Ltd: Balrampur Chini Mills Ltd is one of the largest sugar manufacturing companies in India. It is engaged in the production and sale of sugar, ethanol, and power, and has several sugar mills located in various parts of India.
- Incorporation date: 1975
- Founder: Meenakshi Saraogi
- Products: Sugar, Ethanol, and Power.
4. Triveni Engineering and Industries Ltd: Triveni Engineering and Industries Ltd is a diversified Indian company. Involved in several industries, including sugar, engineering, and water management. The company produces and sells sugar, molasses, and ethanol. Has several sugar mills located in various parts of India.
- Incorporation date: 1932
- Founder: Dhruv M Sawhney
- Products: Sugar, Molasses, and Ethanol.
5. Bannari Amman Sugars Ltd: An Indian company, Bannari Amman Sugars Ltd produces and sells sugar, power, and ethanol. Thus, the company also has a distillery division, which produces and sells industrial alcohol.
- Incorporation date: 1983
- Founder: S V Balasubramaniam
- Products: Sugar, Power, Ethanol, and Industrial Alcohol.
How to Invest in Ethanol Stocks in India?
Investors like you who are interested in sustainable and alternative energy sources are choosing to invest in ethanol shares, making it a popular choice. Thus, there are several ways to invest in ethanol stocks, including:
- Online Brokerage: Many online brokerage platforms offer you access to a range of ethanol stocks, including ethanol producers in India and ethanol manufacturers in India. You can research and compare different ethanol stock options before making investment decisions.
- Direct Investment: You can also consider investing directly in ethanol companies through private equity or venture capital firms. This option is typically reserved for high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors.
- ETFs: Another way to invest in ethanol stocks is through exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that specialize in alternative energy or renewable energy stocks. These funds typically hold a diversified portfolio of ethanol stocks, offering you exposure to portfolio investing and management.
Performance Parameters of Ethanol Shares
Apart from evaluating the ethanol share prices, various factors can affect its performance. Here are some of the main factors affecting ethanol stocks:
- Government Policies: Governments can provide subsidies and tax incentives to ethanol-producing companies, which can increase ethanol share prices. In India, the government has introduced policies like the National Biofuel Policy and the Ethanol Blending Program. These aim to promote the use of biofuels and reduce dependence on crude oil.
- Crude Oil Prices: Ethanol is often used as a substitute for gasoline. So when crude oil prices rise, ethanol becomes more popular, which increases its stock price. The inverse is also true. When crude oil prices fall, the decrease in demand leads to a decline in ethanol share prices.
- Weather Conditions: Ethanol is produced from crops like corn, sugarcane, and wheat. These crops are highly susceptible to weather conditions. Droughts, floods, and other extreme weather events can reduce crop yields, leading to a decrease in ethanol production and lower stock prices.
- Ethanol Production Capacity: Ethanol production capacity is a critical factor affecting ethanol share prices. Thus, an ethanol-producing company has a higher production capacity and can meet the demand for ethanol, leading to an increase in ethanol share prices.
- Exchange Rates: Many ethanol-producing companies export their products to other countries, and fluctuations in exchange rates can affect their revenue. Thus, a decrease in the local currency makes exports more competitive and boost revenue. Leading to an increase in ethanol share prices.
Benefits of Investing in Ethanol Stocks
Investing in ethanol stocks in India can offer you several benefits. Ethanol, a renewable fuel produced from plant matter, has gained popularity as an alternative to fossil fuels. Some of the advantages of investing in ethanol stocks include:
- Environmentally Friendly: Ethanol is a clean-burning fuel that emits fewer greenhouse gases and pollutants than traditional gasoline. As a result, ethanol shares are popular among investors who are environmentally conscious. Also, who wants to support companies that promote sustainable practices.
- High Demand: The demand for ethanol is expected to increase significantly in the coming years due to the rising need for alternative fuels. Ethanol producers in India and other countries are well-positioned to benefit from this trend. Thus, this which makes investing in ethanol stock a potentially lucrative opportunity.
- Government Support: To promote the use of ethanol as a fuel source many governments around the world offer incentives and subsidies. Thus, government support can help reduce the risks associated with investing in ethanol stocks and make them a more attractive option for you.
Challenges Associated with Ethanol Stocks Investing
Investing in ethanol stocks can offer lucrative opportunities for you, but there are several challenges associated with it. Some of the significant challenges that you might face while investing in ethanol stocks in India include:
- Fluctuating Prices: The commodity price of corn highly influences ethanol stocks since it is the primary source of ethanol production. The prices of corn and ethanol are volatile and can fluctuate significantly, thus, making it challenging for you to predict future returns.
- Competition from Alternatives: Other alternative sources of fuel, such as electric vehicles and hydrogen fuel cells, intensely compete with ethanol producers and manufacturers in India. This competition can limit the demand for ethanol and impact the growth potential of ethanol stocks.
- Political and Regulatory Risks: Ethanol stocks are also vulnerable to political and regulatory risks. As changes in government policies and regulations can have a significant impact on the industry. Ethanol stock list investors need to keep track of changing regulations, tax incentives, and subsidies that may impact the industry.
To conclude, ethanol producing companies in India have played a crucial role. Thus, these companies have expanded their production capacities and increased their market presence. Well, thanks to the government’s shift towards renewable energy sources.
So, what are you waiting for? Start investing in a renewable energy stock portfolio with ethanol stocks via smallcase.
Keep yourself informed and up-to-date on a variety of thematic sectors by reading the articles below.