If you’re a beginner interested in investing, you may have heard the term “stocks under 100” but aren’t quite sure what it means. Simply put, best stocks under 100 refers to stocks that are priced below ₹100 per share. People often consider these stocks more accessible for beginner investors who may not have a large amount of capital to invest.
Portfolio investing in the best shares under 100 can be a great way to start building your portfolio. It potentially enables you to invest in multiple companies across different sectors, which can help diversify your portfolio and potentially reduce risk. Additionally, some companies that offer stocks under Rs. 100 may be smaller or less well-known, and investing in them can give you exposure to companies that may have significant growth potential.
So whether you’re a beginner investor or simply interested in learning more about the best share under 100, this blog is for you. Let’s begin.
What Do Stocks Under 100 Mean?
Publicly traded companies price their shares below Rs. 100 per share, which are known as stocks under 100. Retail investors who may not have large sums of capital to invest consider these stocks to be affordable. Many investors search for the best stocks to buy today India for long term under 100 Rs as they seek to build a diversified portfolio while managing their risk.The best stocks to buy today India for long term under 100 may be particularly attractive to new investors who are just starting in the stock market. You can get started with a smaller investment and potentially earn returns that outpace the market by investing in these stocks.
Best 10 Under 100 Rs Stocks
We have drawn upon a list of the 7 best shares to buy today under 100 for the long term.
|Market Cap (in Cr)
|Net Profit Margin
|5Y Net Profit Margin
|Easy Trip Planners Ltd
|Tour & Travel Services
|Indian Railway Finance Corp Ltd
|Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd
|Brightcom Group Ltd
|JM Financial Ltd
|Investment Banking & Brokerage
Please note that the above list is for educational purposes only, and is not recommendatory. Please do your own research or consult your financial advisor before investing.
Note: The data on the top stocks under 100 Rs in India in the list is from 24th January 2024. However, for real-time updates on stock prices and market trends, visit the smallcase stocks collection today!
Top 100 Stocks Companies: Overview
Let’s have a look at the best share under 100.
- SJVN Ltd: SJVN Ltd is a leading Indian energy company engaged in the generation of renewable power. The company actively contributes to the country’s energy landscape through hydroelectric and renewable energy projects, fostering sustainable development.
- NHPC Ltd: NHPC Ltd is a key player in the power sector, specializing in hydroelectric power generation. With an emphasis on clean energy solutions, NHPC actively operates and develops hydropower projects, playing a pivotal role in India’s energy security.
- Easy Trip Planners Ltd: Easy Trip Planners Ltd is a prominent player in the travel and tourism industry. The company actively facilitates seamless travel experiences through its online platform, offering a wide range of travel services and solutions.
- Indian Railway Finance Corp Ltd: Indian Railway Finance Corp Ltd is a key financial institution supporting the Indian Railways. The company actively provides financial assistance and resources for the expansion and modernization of the railway infrastructure in the country.
- Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd: Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd is one of the best stocks under 100 actively involved in financing housing and urban infrastructure projects.
- Brightcom Group Ltd: Brightcom Group Ltd is actively engaged in digital advertising and technology solutions. The company provides innovative digital marketing services, actively contributing to the online advertising landscape.
- JM Financial Ltd: JM Financial Ltd is a prominent financial services company actively involved in investment banking, asset management, and other financial activities. The company plays a crucial role in facilitating financial transactions and investment strategies for clients.
How to Identify the Share Under 100 Rs?
Identifying shares priced under Rs 100 using financial ratios and market indicators involves a comprehensive analysis of a company’s financial health and market conditions. Here are some key steps and financial ratios to consider:
- Stock Price: Look for stocks with a current market price below 100 Rs. This is the most straightforward criterion for energy stocks under 100.
- Earnings Per Share (EPS): Evaluate the company;s Earnings Per Share. A higher EPS of energy stocks under 100 indicates that the company is generating more earnings for each outstanding share. A low-priced stock under 100 Rs with a reasonable EPS may represent good value.
- Price-to-Earnings (P/E) Ratio: The P/E ratio compares the stock price with its earnings. A lower P/E ratio might suggest that the energy stocks under 100 is undervalued. However, it’s essential to consider the industry average and the company’s growth prospects.
- Dividend Per Share (DPS): Look for best share under 100 that pay dividends. A consistent and reasonable Dividend Per Share can be a positive sign and may provide some income for investors.
- Net Profit Margin: Evaluate the Net Profit Margin, which is the ratio of net profit to revenue. A higher net profit margin indicates that the company is efficient in managing its costs and generating profits.
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: A lower Debt-to-Equity ratio suggests that the company has a lower level of debt relative to its equity. Companies with lower debt levels may be considered less risky.
- Current Ratio: A current ratio above 1 indicates that the company has more assets than liabilities, which is a positive sign of liquidity and financial health.
Factors to Consider Before Investing in the Best Stock Under 100 Rs?
- Value Investing: Becoming a value investor may not require a substantial amount of money. This might be due to your current financial situation becoming significant when adopting a long-term perspective on the stock market with patience.
- Advantages of Compounding: Compounding’s greatest advantage is its ability to patiently grow even the smallest amount of money into a lump sum. Keep your investment intact by holding onto the returns from value stocks.
- Low-Risk Investment Strategy: One can use this strategy to create long-term capital by purchasing and holding the best shares below 100. Value investments result in an expansion of the investor’s portfolio because of their low volatility.
How to Invest in Stocks Under Rs 100?
Investing in stocks under Rs 100 offers various avenues for individuals looking to build their portfolios. One common method is to directly purchase these best stock under 100 through brokerage accounts. Alternatively, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and mutual funds provide diversified exposure to such stocks. Additionally, participating in dividend reinvestment plans (DRIPs). Each of these avenues presents opportunities for investors to engage with the best stocks to buy today India for long term under 100 Rs while diversifying risk.
However, if you’re confused about which stocks to pick, you can explore smallcases:
- smallcases are readymade portfolios of stocks/ETFs, that are based on a theme idea or strategy
- They’re created and managed by SEBI-registered experts
- smallcase.com offers over 200+ stock portfolios, created by 180+ managers
- Some of the popular smallcases among new investors are as follows:
Disclosures for aforementioned smallcases
Types of Multibagger stocks below 100 Rs
Several types of stocks under Rs 100 can categorize based on their characteristics and investment potential. Here are some common types of government stocks under 100:
- Blue-Chip Stocks: These are stocks of well-established companies with a track record of stable earnings and a long history of dividend payments. Many consider Blue-chip stocks to be reliable investments, often with lower volatility and less risk than other types of stocks.
- Growth Stocks: Growth stocks can potentially generate substantial profits in the future. Companies in high-growth industries such as IT, healthcare, and e-commerce often associate these stocks. Multibagger stocks below 100 Rs can be attractive to investors who are willing to take on higher risk for the potential of higher returns.
- Dividend-Paying Stocks: These are stocks of companies that pay regular dividends to their shareholders. Dividend-paying stocks can provide a steady stream of income to investors and may be less volatile than other types of stocks. Companies in more mature industries such as utilities, consumer goods, and healthcare often associate these best stocks to buy today India for long term under 100 Rs.
- Penny Stocks: Small companies or startups often associate these stocks that trade below Rs. 100 per share. Penny stocks can be highly speculative and carry significant risk, as they may be more susceptible to price fluctuations and volatility. However, penny shares under 100 can also offer high growth potential if the company performs well.
Benefits of Investing in Shares Under 100
For investing in the best stocks under 100 in, you must read the following benefits it can offer to you.
- Lower Initial Investment requirement: The best government stocks under 100 can offer investors to enter the stock under 100 market with a smaller initial investment. This can be especially beneficial for new investors who may not have large sums of capital to invest.
- Opportunity for Higher Returns: Some may perceive the best stock under 100 as risky due to their smaller market capitalization. However, it can also offer higher potential returns. This is because smaller companies often have more room for growth and can experience rapid stock price appreciation if their business strategy is successful.
- Diversification Potential: Investing in a range of shares under 100 can provide diversification benefits to investors, as these stocks may belong to different sectors and industries. Diversification can help investors manage risk by spreading their investments across different stocks and asset classes.
Risks of Investing in the Best Stocks Under 100
Investing in government stocks under 100 can offer good opportunities for investors looking to enter the stock under 100 market. However, let’s have a look at the challenges.
- Liquidity Issues: Government Stocks under 100 may have lower trading volumes and be less liquid than higher-priced stocks. This means that investors may have difficulty selling their shares if they need to cash out quickly.
- Scams and Fraudulent Activity: Some companies may engage in fraudulent activity to artificially inflate their stock price. This can result in investors losing their entire investment if the fraud is uncovered.
Tips for Investing in Stocks Under 100
Investing in government stocks under 100 can offer attractive opportunities for retail investors in India, but it is important to approach these investments with caution and a long-term mindset. Here are some tips to consider when investing in stocks under 100:
- Research and Due Diligence: Conduct thorough research and analysis before investing in any stock, regardless of its price. Analyze financial metrics like earnings per share (EPS), price-to-earnings ratios (P/E ratio), and dividend yields to assess a company’s value and potential for growth.
- Diversification and Risk Management: Diversify your portfolio by investing in a mix of stocks across different industries and sectors. This can help mitigate risk and protect against market volatility. Additionally, consider setting stop-loss orders to limit potential losses in case a stock’s price drops significantly.
- Sticking to a Long-Term Investment Strategy: View investing in stocks under 100 as a long-term strategy and avoid making impulsive decisions based on daily market movements. Don’t get caught up in short-term market fluctuations. Stick to your investment plan and continue to monitor and adjust your portfolio as needed over time.
- Consider Professional Advice: If you are new to investing, consider seeking advice from a professional financial advisor or a trustable portfolio investing platform like smallcase. We can help you develop an investment plan that aligns with your financial goals and risk tolerance.
As always, investors must do their own research and/or consult their financial advisor before investing.
Tools and Resources for Investing in Shares Under 100
If you’re looking for tools and resources to invest in multibagger stocks below 100 Rs, here are some options:
- Online Brokerages: Many online brokerages offer commission-free trading on stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Thus, this makes it easier and affordable for investors to invest in stocks under Rs.100.
- Stock Screeners: Stock screeners can help you narrow down your search for stocks under Rs.100. Based on various criteria, such as market capitalization, price-to-earnings ratio, and dividend yield.
- Financial News Sources: Keeping up with the latest financial news and trends can help you make informed investment decisions.
To Wrap It Up…
In conclusion, investing in the best multibagger stocks below 100 Rs can be a good way for you to gain exposure with limited funds without breaking the bank. While these stocks may be considered “cheap” in terms of their price, they can still offer significant growth potential and profitability.
However, as with any investment, it’s important to do your research, assess your risk tolerance, and develop a long-term strategy to maximize your returns. By keeping these factors in mind, investing in stocks under 100 can be a smart and rewarding choice for both novice and experienced investors alike.
The best stock to buy under 100 are as follows:
1. SJVN Ltd
2. NHPC Ltd
3. Suzlon Energy Ltd
4. Easy Trip Planners Ltd
5. MMTC Ltd
Note: This information is provided for educational purposes and is not intended as a recommendation or endorsement.
Here are the steps involved to invest in stocks under rs 100:
1. Open a Demat and trading account with a stockbroker.
2. Deposit funds into your trading account.
3. Research the best stocks under 100 in India.
4. Place a buy order for the shares you want to buy.
5. Monitor your investment and sell the shares when you are ready to exit.
The Indian stock market has been on a bullish trend in recent years, and shares under 100 have been some of the best performers. However, it’s important to do your own research and/or consult a financial advisor before investing.
Investors who are looking to invest small amounts of money and are willing to take on high risk can invest in best share under 100 Rs in India. However, one must consider their risk appetite and investment goals before investing.
Yes, stocks below 100 can be profitable for investors. The stock’s price alone doesn’t determine profitability; factors like company fundamentals, growth potential, and market trends matter more. Investors should comprehend both the growth potential and challenges confronted by best share under 100.
Discover Other Collections:
Keep yourself informed and up-to-date on a variety of thematic sectors by reading the articles below: