Multibagger stocks are stocks that have the potential to multiply in value many times over the course of several years. For example, a stock that goes from $10 per share to $100 per share would be considered a 10-bagger. Some stocks have even higher growth potential, with the potential to become 20-baggers, 50-baggers, or even 100-baggers.
The term “multibagger” was coined by well-known investor Peter Lynch to describe equity shares of a firm that may provide returns multiple times greater than their related cost of acquisition. To be accurate, these equities stocks offer investors a return of greater than 100%.
High-growth businesses have a wide range of multibagger stocks that are excellent investment choices. Multibagger stocks in India typically trade at a discount due to their solid fundamentals, making them excellent investment choices. Multibagger stocks display a strong financial position.
How to Identify Multibagger Stocks?
- Performance of the previous quarter: Monitor the revenue multiples of the firm on a quarterly basis. Indicators suggesting the firm has substantial upside potential include cheap multiples combined with strong operational performance.
- Source of earnings: Check the sources through which the firm is producing money in addition to the revenue figures. Will the primary revenue segment see macroeconomic growth? Are the business’s operations readily scaleable? The stock may have the potential to be a multibagger if the answers to these questions are yes.
- Earnings and price multiples: To get the current PE and price/sales ratios, calculate the previous 12-month EPS and revenue. If the PE ratio is increasing more quickly than the stock price, the likelihood that it will be a multibagger is high.
- Substantial changes in the quarterly results: Keep an eye out on the annual reports that might have a big influence on the business model, capex, structure, or management.
- Debt: The corporation should have a reasonable level of debt. Debt levels aren’t set in stone per se because they differ from sector to industry. Debt should, however, roughly speaking, not exceed 30% of the equity value.
Best Multibagger Stocks List in India 2023
Here is the list of best multibagger stocks for long term investment:
|Stock Name||Market Cap||Stock Price|
|Varun Beverages Ltd||₹1,05,663 Cr||₹923.05|
|Adani Enterprises Ltd||₹2,75,287 Cr||₹2,470.6|
|Tube Investments of India Ltd||₹58,368 Cr||₹3,054.45|
|Tanla Platforms Ltd||₹14,102 Cr||₹959.65|
|Linde India Ltd||₹37,101 Cr||₹6,610.15|
|Alkyl Amines Chemicals Ltd||₹13,785 Cr||₹2,509.75|
Note: The data is from 29th August, 2023. However, for real-time updates on stock prices and market trends, visit smallcase stocks collection today!
Overview of Top 3 Multibagger Stocks
Here is the overview of the best three multibagger stocks:
1. Varun Beverages Ltd: It is an Indian beverage company, that holds the distinction of being the second-largest global franchisee of PepsiCo, excluding the United States. Their product range includes carbonated soft drinks, fruit-based beverages, bottled drinking water, and sports and energy drinks. Varun Beverages extends its operations to six countries: India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Morocco, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
2. Adani Enterprises Ltd: It is an Indian conglomerate, that operates across diverse sectors encompassing energy, resources, logistics, and financial services. This multifaceted corporation is under the control of Gautam Adani, a prominent figure among India’s wealthiest individuals. Adani Enterprises’ shares are traded on both the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India.
3. Tube Investments of India Ltd: It is an Indian engineering and manufacturing enterprise, that specializes in bicycles, metal-formed products, and chains. Established in 1949, the company’s headquarters are located in Chennai, India. Tube Investments of India’s stock is listed and traded on both the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India.
How to Invest in Multibagger Stocks?
Here are some tips on how to invest in multibagger shares:
- Identify growing industries and companies: Look for industries and companies that are growing and have a strong potential for future growth. Look for companies with a strong business model, solid financials, and a competent management team.
- Research the company: Do your research on the company you’re considering investing in. Study their financial statements, read industry reports, and look at their historical stock prices to identify trends. Also, always keep looking for the best upcoming multibagger stocks.
- Look for undervalued stocks: Look for stocks that are undervalued based on their fundamentals, such as price-to-earnings ratios, price-to-book ratios, and other financial metrics.
- Monitor market trends: Keep an eye on market trends and news that can affect the stock prices of the companies you’re interested in investing in. This will help you make informed decisions about when to buy or sell.
- Diversify your portfolio: Investing in multibagger stocks can be risky, so it’s important to diversify your portfolio. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket; instead, spread your investments across multiple companies and industries.
Investing in Multibagger Stocks in India with smallcase
You can invest in multibagger stock portfolios via smallcase too! Just go to the smallcase website or the app, go to the ‘Discover’ section and search for the ‘Multibagger’ keyword. You’ll get a plethora of smallcases to choose from and you can pick the one that fulfils your investment criterion.
Investing in Indian defence sector stocks using smallcase’s readymade portfolios is a convenient and hassle-free way to gain exposure to this sector. smallcases provide a diversified portfolio of stocks, reducing the risk of investing in a single stock, and are managed by professionals who have expertise in this field. However, it is important to do your own research and due diligence before investing in any smallcase or stock.
However, if you’re confused about which stocks to pick, you can explore smallcases:
- smallcases are readymade portfolio of stocks/ETFs, that are based on a theme idea or strategy.
- They’re created and managed by SEBI-registered experts,
- smallcase.com offers over 200+ stock portfolios, created by 180+ managers.
- Some of the popular smallcases among new investors are as follows:
Disclosures for aforementioned smallcases
Which Characteristics Should a Company Possess to Generate Multibagger Shares?
A company should possess the following characteristics to generate multi-bagger stocks in 2023:
- Robust Fundamentals: Seek companies with strong financials, including consistent revenue growth, expanding profit margins, and manageable debt. Sound financial health indicates the company’s resilience and ability to fund growth.
- Market Dominance: Companies that lead their industry or niche often yield multibagger returns. Market leaders typically possess competitive advantages like brand recognition, economies of scale, or unique intellectual property.
- Innovative Disruption: Businesses with innovative products, technologies, or disruptive business models can experience rapid growth. Prioritize companies at the forefront of technological advancements.
- Scalability: Favor companies with scalable business models, enabling significant revenue growth without proportionate cost increases.
- Expansive Market: Companies with access to large and expanding markets have a higher potential for multibagger growth. Focus on industries or sectors with substantial and growing demand.
What are the Risks Associated With Multibagger Stocks?
Investing in multibagger stocks carries a number of risks, including:
- Volatility: Multibagger stocks can be highly volatile, meaning the multibagger share price can fluctuate widely over short periods. This volatility can be especially pronounced in the early stages of a company’s growth, when investors may be uncertain about its prospects.
- Limited liquidity: Many multibagger stocks are small-cap or mid-cap companies, which can make them less liquid than larger, more established companies. This means that it may be more difficult to buy or sell multibagger stock at the right price.
- Risk of failure: Not all companies that appear to have strong growth potential will succeed in the long term. Investing in multibagger stocks carries the risk that the company may fail to live up to its potential, either due to competition, changing market conditions, or other factors.
Advantages of Investing in Multibagger Stocks
While investing in multibaggers can be risky, they also offer the potential for significant returns over the long term. In fact, many of the world’s most successful investors, such as Warren Buffett, Peter Lynch, and Charlie Munger, have made their fortunes by investing in multibagger stocks. However, it’s important to remember that not all multibagger stocks will live up to their potential and that investing in any stock carries risks.
Here are some reasons why you should consider investing in multibagger shares:
- Higher returns: Multibagger shares have the potential to generate significantly higher returns than regular stocks. With the right investment strategy and a long-term perspective, you could potentially earn returns of 2x, 5x, or even 10x your initial investment.
- Diversification: Multibagger shares can help you diversify your investment portfolio. Investing in a mix of stocks across different industries and sectors can help spread out your risk and potentially increase your overall returns.
- Long-term growth: Multibagger shares are typically associated with companies that have strong fundamentals, innovative products, and a proven track record of growth. By investing in these stocks, you’re essentially buying into the future potential of a company.
- Compound returns: Over time, the returns from multibagger shares can compound significantly. The higher the multibagger share price, the higher the return. This compounding effect can help grow your investment portfolio exponentially.
To Wrap It Up
Remember, investing in multibagger stocks in India requires patience and discipline. It’s important to stay focused on your long-term goals and avoid getting caught up in short-term market fluctuations. By doing your research, staying disciplined, and diversifying your portfolio, you can increase your chances of success when investing in multibagger stocks.
The three best multibagger stocks that you should invest in are Varun Beverages Ltd., Adani Enterprises Ltd., and Tube Investments of India Ltd.
To invest in sectors with the potential for multibagger returns, conduct thorough research, focus on industries with growth prospects, analyze individual companies carefully, diversify your investment portfolio, and stay updated on market trends. It’s crucial to establish a clear investment strategy and seek advice from financial experts when necessary.
The appropriateness of investing in multibagger stocks depends on your financial objectives, risk tolerance, and prevailing market conditions. While multibagger stocks offer the potential for substantial gains, they also carry elevated risk levels. Rather than trying to time the market, prioritize comprehensive research, maintain a diversified investment portfolio, and adopt a long-term perspective.
Investing in multibagger stocks is only for some. It requires a high tolerance for risk, as well as a willingness to invest for the long term. If you’re a conservative investor who prefers to focus on low-risk, low-return investments, then multibagger stocks are not for you.
Stocks that have the potential to produce returns that are several (multiple) times (or more) higher than the initial investment are known as multibaggers.
Discover Related Collections:
Keep yourself informed and up-to-date on a variety of thematic sectors by reading the articles below: