smallcases are designed for long-term investment, but you can exit anytime. There are no lock-in periods.
You can choose to exit completely or partially from your smallcases, or you can also sell individual stocks using the Manage option.
1. Go to the investments tab on your app or web
2. Select the smallcase you would like to sell.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the smallcase on the app; on the web, you’ll see the exit option on the right side of the screen. Here you can choose if you want to exit in particular stocks from the smallcase or the whole portfolio.
4. To exit the whole smallcase, you just need to click on exit, confirm order, and the order is executed. The Returns will hit your Demat account in 24 hours.
The partial exit option is customisable. Partial exit places sell orders for stocks up to the amount you specify without deviating too much from the weightage scheme of the smallcase.
Note: You can execute partial sell orders only if you have invested more than the minimum amount.
You can partially exit your smallcase in 3 steps:
1. Select Exit Type
From the Investments page, click on the smallcase you would like to partially exit.
Scroll down, click on ‘Exit smallcase’ at the right bottom. Then click on the ‘Partial’ button.
2. Enter partial exit amount
The current value of your smallcase will be displayed for your reference before you can go ahead with the partial exit.
In the amount section, the maximum amount up to which you can partial exit will be auto displayed. You can input the desired amount if you want to exit for a lesser amount.
Upon entering the amount, it will be adjusted to the closest possible amount to ensure minimal changes in the weighting scheme.
3. Review & Place orders
After you confirm the specified amount, the sell orders that will be placed will be shown as a confirmation step.
Upon placing the partial exit order, you’ll be asked to ‘Confirm’.
Voila! That’s how it’s done.