- We witnessed some profit booking after a spirited run that began in October 2022 pulling all the way to a fresh all time high. Nifty ended up giving a percent back in this process but we do have some important support levels around the 18300 & 18375 zone which can see some demand coming in an attempt to arrest the correction. All time high markets will have quick sharp corrections / profit booking moments frequently and we as Weekendinvestors have no reason to panic as we our strategies are designed for all kind of markets.
- Nifty dropped a percent to emerge the weakest amongst other benchmarks while Nifty Jnr stayed relatively strong having lost about 0.28%. All benchmarks including Smallcap 250 are in the positive territory in the current FY and that’s good news for all.
- Another week – Another great result for PSU banks with a rocking (+4.77%). This sector has clocked (+12%) in the last 1 month , (+37%) in the last 3 months & is the only sector to have achieved over 50% in the current FY. Many stocks from this sector have made their way into all strategies and have started to put some great performances on display too. FMCG (+2.23%) & BANKNIFTY (+1.23%) were the other gainers from the week while REALTY (-3.4%) and IT (-6%) took a beating
- WeekendInvesting strategies performed quite well considering the weakness in the markets this week. Mi EverGreen & Mi ATH 2 clocked more than 1% while Mi ST ATH & Mi 25 stayed weak. Mi EverGreen has emerged the best performer in the last 12 months (+22.28%) & also in the current FY (+18.33%). Hopefully this marks the beginning of a great run and hope to cash in and deliver some great performances for WeekendInvestors !
Mi 20 has been an INCREDIBLE PERFORMER since the day it was launched ..
In the last 30 days
Mi 20 : (+9.6%) v Mid-Smallcap 400 index (+3%)
In the last quarter
Mi 20 : (+15.7%) v Mid-Smallcap 400 index (+3.7%)
Since 20 Jun 2022
Mi 20 : (+43%) v Mid-Smallcap 400 index (+28%)
Since going LIVE (15 July 2021)
Mi 20 : (+37.5%) v Mid-Smallcap 400 index (+14.8%)
WE HAVE CREATED A SPECIAL LIMITED PERIOD OFFER FOR YOU ALL TO JOIN Mi 20 – Use code SPECIAL 20 – valid till end of 11th Dec 2022 (Sunday)
Use code SPECIAL20 to subscribe
Brand New Smallcase – Mi India Top 10!
Mi India Top 10 has been received with so much love from all corners. We would like to convey our heartfelt thanks to each and every investor for the faith & we hope to see you invested for many many years and
This is AN AFFORDABLE – LOW CHURN – MONTHLY REBALANCED ROTATIONAL MOMENTUM strategy that invests in Top 10 trending stocks from the robust Nifty 50 Universe.
This Consolidated Document contains all details – Introductory Video, interactive performance Charts & ppt, all videos made on the strategy.
A SHORT COURSE to Help you Stay Calm in All Market Conditions
Usually, quick – sharp corrections amidst a Bull Run creates ambiguity in the minds of lots of new investors. The most important question we often get asked is whether markets will crash from here. Should we exit? and a few other questions like these. We have made several videos to help you clarify many such questions and help you have the RIGHT MINDSET for a rewarding journey in investing.
We have put together a few of our previous Daily Bytes which we think might be relevant for times like these. Do have a look and send us your thoughts, questions or comments if any.
Check out Mi India Top 10
The smallcase products are all LONG ONLY products that invest in various subsegments of the markets but have the momentum theme underlying in all of them. The strategies will pick strong outperforming stocks and remove weak ones once a week (except Mi NNF10, Mi EverGreen & Mi India Top 10 which is monthly rebalanced)
These are all long-term strategies that will create enormous wealth in each upswing and then maybe give some back in the downswing and repeat this process again and again achieving the compounding effect. With patience and grit to follow strategy over ups and downs over the last nearly five years, it has been shown that much superior CAGR returns are possible than the benchmarks.
FY22 was also superb and I will let the numbers speak for themselves. You may read the Consolidated FY22 report.
We give advance notice here on the upcoming changes in your smallcase for Monday. This advance notice can be used to ignore Monday’s update if there is no change. If there is a change indicated you can use the smallcase app or log in to weekendinvesting.smallcase.com to see the rebalance. A backup email is sent by mid-day Monday if you have not rebalanced by then and yet another one a day later.
Note: We are not including LIQUIDBEES as an ADD or an EXIT count.
The performance for the week and the month for all the smallcases is presented below.
Many of you had asked us to make the index series of all WeekendInvesting Products available so that you could perform your own analysis and studies. You can find a link to the LIVE sheet here and also on the HUB under the support column in the content tab.
WeekendInvesting Telegram and YouTube Channel
We post daily content related to investing on our Weekendinvesting Telegram Channel and YouTube channel to help our community take stock of the performance of markets, sectors & our products and touch base upon a new topic every day. We look forward to having you all there! Several videos in this blog are from this series.
WeekendInvesting Daily Insights – A New Initiative
We started a new initiative called – WeekendInvesting Daily Insights to share quick 1 minute content that can help you in your investing journey. Please do take a look at this week’s episodes by clicking on the image below.
We have created a document consolidating all important links that are often associated with WeekendInvesting. Click here (or on the image below) to access the same.
We have launched revamped versions of our STAIRS models and we had made a video giving you a basic introduction to the models.
STAIRS is a LONG / SHORT derivative strategy that is designed to offer an uncorrelated diversification option to your equity portfolio. STAIRS will do well when there are up trends & also when there are down trends while giving up some of the gains when markets remain rangebound/volatile.
You may go through our latest weekly report for more details.
STAIRS Weekly Report: 1st December 2022
All 4 STAIRS models go in line with our fundamental philosophy of making the most and compounding aggressively when markets give us trends and go very defensive as trends fizzle out and enter a rangebound territory, thus providing robust capital & profit protection.
Effectively – STAIRS is a complete trading system (Futures & Options) that covers each of the following decisions required for a successful trading outcome:
• Markets – What to buy or sell?
• Position Sizing – How much to buy or sell?
• Entries – When to buy or sell?
• Stops – When to get out of a losing position?
• Exits – When to get out of a winning position?
We also run a dedicated telegram channel for STAIRS which you may join using this link.
Become a WeekendInvestor today
This is all for this week. Please stay safe and we shall meet again next week. Bye!