- This week goes to the Smallcaps which have shown some good relative strength compared to the larger caps after trailing the latter for quite a while. Smallcap 250 index clocked about 2% while Nifty 50 returned (-1.1%). Nifty 50 went through some massive volatility on the monthly expiry (25th Aug) as well and is currently seeing some consolidation happening around a very critical resistance zone.
- Despite having eclipsed the lower high trend line a while ago, Nifty 50 seems to be volleying around the same zone now & will have to comfortably surpass these resistance levels including the previous lower high of 18100 (Apr 2022) to see another leg of up trend.
- Coming to the sectors, PSU BANKS did well to clock (+4.4%) while others were quite flat. IT took some beating (-4.4%) losing some more steam. IT is also the worst performing sector this calendar year having done (-21%) while AUTO leads the charge at (+22%). All the more reasons to believe in momentum as we see a shift in sectoral flavor.
- WeekendInvesting strategies had a superb week despite the volatility in the benchmarks. Mi 25 (+4.7%) & Mi 35 (+3.8%) made some noise riding on the smallcaps upsurge (Mi ATH 2 has quietly been making a comeback clocking 19% in the last 3 months & also topping the charts for the past week. Mi NNF 10 continues to lead the pack returning a fantastic 20% in the past quarter. The performance is Update Below
Brand New Smallcase – Mi India Top 10 !
A brand new Smallcase – Mi India Top 10 – A LOW CHURN – MONTHLY REBALANCED ROTATIONAL MOMENTUM strategy that invests in Top 10 trending stocks from the robust Nifty 50 Universe is now open for subscriptions
Stay tuned for more updates !
This Consolidated Document contains all details – Introductory Video, interactive performance Charts & ppt, all videos made on the strategy.
Code GET40 (40% special launch discount) expired by end of 28th August.
A SHORT COURSE to Help you Stay Calm in All Market Conditions
Usually, quick – sharp corrections amidst a Bull Run creates ambiguity in the minds of lots of new investors. The most important questions we often get asked is whether markets will crash from here ? Should we exit ? and few other questions like these. We have made several videos to help you clarify many such questions and help you have the RIGHT MINDSET for a rewarding journey in investing.
We have put together a few of our previous Daily Bytes which we think might be relevant for times like these. Do have a look and send us your thoughts, questions or comments if any.
The smallcase products are all LONG ONLY products that invest in various subsegments of the markets but have the momentum theme underlying in all of them. The strategies will pick strong outperforming stocks and remove weak ones once a week (except NNF10 which is monthly rebalanced)
These are all long term strategies that will create enormous wealth in each upswing and then maybe give some back in the downswing and repeating this process again and again achieving the compounding effect. With patience and grit to follow strategy over ups and downs over the last nearly five years it has been shown that much superior CAGR returns are possible than the benchmarks.
FY22 was also superb and I will let the numbers speak for themselves. You may read the Consolidated FY22 report.
We give an advance notice here on the upcoming changes in your smallcase for Monday . This advance notice can be used to ignore Monday update if there is no change. If there is a change indicated you can use the smallcase app or login to weekendinvesting.smallcase.com to see the rebalance. A back up email is sent by mid day Monday if you have not rebalanced by then and yet another one a day later.
Note : We are not including LIQUIDBEES as an ADD or an EXIT count.
The performance for the week and the month for all the smallcases is presented below.
Many of you had asked us to make the index series of all WeekendInvesting Products available so that you could perform your own analysis and studies. You can find a link to the LIVE sheet here and also on the HUB under support column in the content tab.
WeekendInvesting Telegram and YouTube Channel
We post daily content related to investing on our Weekendinvesting Telegram Channel and YouTube channel to help our community take stock of the performance of markets, sectors & our products and touch base upon a new topic every day. We look forward to having you all there.! The several videos in this blog are from this series.
We have launched revamped versions of our STAIRS models and we had made a video giving you a basic introduction to the models.
STAIRS is a LONG / SHORT derivative strategy that is designed to offer an uncorrelated diversification option to your equity portfolio. STAIRS will do well when there are up trends & also when there are down trends while giving up some of the gains when markets remain rangebound / volatile.
You may go through our latest weekly report for more details.
All 4 STAIRS models go in line with our fundamental philosophy of making the most and compounding aggressively when markets give us trends and go very defensive as trends fizzle out and enter a rangebound territory thus providing a robust capital & profit protection.
Effectively – STAIRS is a complete trading system (Futures & Options) that covers each of the following decisions required for a successful trading outcome:
• Markets – What to buy or sell ?
• Position Sizing – How much to buy or sell ?
• Entries – When to buy or sell ?
• Stops – When to get out of a losing position ?
• Exits – When to get out of a winning position ?
We also run a dedicated telegram channel for STAIRS which you may join using this link
This is all for this week. Please stay safe and we shall meet again next week. Bye !