- After coming very close to 18000 levels around Mid-August, markets have been on a consolidation mode for about a fortnight. 18000 continues to be a very crucial resistance zone and the rally we saw in the current week must offer some more hope of crossing 18k and beyond in the coming days. Nifty’s relative strength is also below the over bought zone and is currently around the 60 levels.
- Smallcaps continue to be stronger than other benchmark indices. Smallcap 250 (+2.65%) & Mid-Small 400 (+2.36%) led the charge while others including Nifty 50 returned between (+1%) to (+1.75%). Smallcaps have shown great relative strength in the last one month returning (+7.13%) compared to Nifty 50 @ (+1.7%)
- AUTO stocks saw some consolidation this week amidst a great run in the recent past. PSU banks were excellent clocking (+4.3%) while almost all sectors ended this week in the green territory. PSU Banks have taken the limelight displaying great relative strength after a bout of superb run in the last month clocking (+11%) & also in the last quarter returning (+21%).
- It was yet another great week for WeekendInvesting with all strategies clocking between (+1%) & (+2.9%). Mi ATH 2 & Mi NNF 10 continue their great runs clocking (+12%) & (+9%) in the last 1 month & (+17% ) & (+24%) in the last 3 months.
The performance is updated below
Brand New Smallcase – Mi India Top 10 !
Mi India Top 10 has been received with so much love from all corners. We would like to convey our heartfelt thanks to each and every investor for the faith & we hope to see you invested for many many years and
This is AN AFFORDABLE – LOW CHURN – MONTHLY REBALANCED ROTATIONAL MOMENTUM strategy that invests in Top 10 trending stocks from the robust Nifty 50 Universe.
This Consolidated Document contains all details – Introductory Video, interactive performance Charts & ppt, all videos made on the strategy.
A SHORT COURSE to Help you Stay Calm in All Market Conditions
Usually, quick – sharp corrections amidst a Bull Run creates ambiguity in the minds of lots of new investors. The most important questions we often get asked is whether markets will crash from here ? Should we exit ? and few other questions like these. We have made several videos to help you clarify many such questions and help you have the RIGHT MINDSET for a rewarding journey in investing.
We have put together a few of our previous Daily Bytes which we think might be relevant for times like these. Do have a look and send us your thoughts, questions or comments if any.
The smallcase products are all LONG ONLY products that invest in various subsegments of the markets but have the momentum theme underlying in all of them. The strategies will pick strong outperforming stocks and remove weak ones once a week (except NNF10 which is monthly rebalanced)
These are all long term strategies that will create enormous wealth in each upswing and then maybe give some back in the downswing and repeating this process again and again achieving the compounding effect. With patience and grit to follow strategy over ups and downs over the last nearly five years it has been shown that much superior CAGR returns are possible than the benchmarks.
FY22 was also superb and I will let the numbers speak for themselves. You may read the Consolidated FY22 report.
We give an advance notice here on the upcoming changes in your smallcase for Monday . This advance notice can be used to ignore Monday update if there is no change. If there is a change indicated you can use the smallcase app or login to weekendinvesting.smallcase.com to see the rebalance. A back up email is sent by mid day Monday if you have not rebalanced by then and yet another one a day later.
Note : We are not including LIQUIDBEES as an ADD or an EXIT count.
The performance for the week and the month for all the smallcases is presented below.
Many of you had asked us to make the index series of all WeekendInvesting Products available so that you could perform your own analysis and studies. You can find a link to the LIVE sheet here and also on the HUB under support column in the content tab.
WeekendInvesting Telegram and YouTube Channel
We post daily content related to investing on our Weekendinvesting Telegram Channel and YouTube channel to help our community take stock of the performance of markets, sectors & our products and touch base upon a new topic every day. We look forward to having you all there.! The several videos in this blog are from this series.
We have launched revamped versions of our STAIRS models and we had made a video giving you a basic introduction to the models.
STAIRS is a LONG / SHORT derivative strategy that is designed to offer an uncorrelated diversification option to your equity portfolio. STAIRS will do well when there are up trends & also when there are down trends while giving up some of the gains when markets remain rangebound / volatile.
You may go through our latest weekly report for more details.
All 4 STAIRS models go in line with our fundamental philosophy of making the most and compounding aggressively when markets give us trends and go very defensive as trends fizzle out and enter a rangebound territory thus providing a robust capital & profit protection.
Effectively – STAIRS is a complete trading system (Futures & Options) that covers each of the following decisions required for a successful trading outcome:
• Markets – What to buy or sell ?
• Position Sizing – How much to buy or sell ?
• Entries – When to buy or sell ?
• Stops – When to get out of a losing position ?
• Exits – When to get out of a winning position ?
We also run a dedicated telegram channel for STAIRS which you may join using this link
We had a fantastic YouTube LIVE session hosted by Team Smallcase & Shashank Udupa. The topic of discussion was “How to Beat Nifty 50 using Momentum” & we also covered many interesting queries. Check it out below
This is all for this week. Please stay safe and we shall meet again next week. Bye !