- Markets struggled to continue the momentum with some resistance coming in around 18450 levels. Nifty made a couple of attempts (marked in red) to surpass the trendline but failed to sustain. The current move however seems quite strong and another bout of demand can lift the markets to fresh all time high. While Nifty made a higher high, RSI has issued a negative divergence indicating drying demand. Once All Time is cleared out, we may see a very strong rally on the upside.
- All benchmarks were weak this week with Nifty 50 @ (-0.23%) being hit the least while still being the tp performer in the last month with gains of (+4.69%). Rest of the indices lost between 0.5% to 1.35%.
- PSU Banks seem unstoppable clocking a superb (+2.35%) while others were flat to negative. PSU Banks have now clocked a massive (+21%) in the last 30 days , (+31%) in the last 3 months & (+41%) in the current FY. All the more reasons to adopt momentum investing. Right ? We already have many strategies automatically allocating to this sector since quite a while. IT has done decent in the last 30 days clocking (+4.78%) thus staging an attempt to recover from the recent slump.
- WeekendInvesting strategies mirrored the markets returning flat to negative figures barring Mi 35 which clocked (+2.24%). Mi 35 is also the best performing strategy in the last 3 month clocking (+11.72%).
Brand New Smallcase – Mi India Top 10 !
Mi India Top 10 has been received with so much love from all corners. We would like to convey our heartfelt thanks to each and every investor for the faith & we hope to see you invested for many many years and
This is AN AFFORDABLE – LOW CHURN – MONTHLY REBALANCED ROTATIONAL MOMENTUM strategy that invests in Top 10 trending stocks from the robust Nifty 50 Universe.
This Consolidated Document contains all details – Introductory Video, interactive performance Charts & ppt, all videos made on the strategy.
A SHORT COURSE to Help you Stay Calm in All Market Conditions
Usually, quick – sharp corrections amidst a Bull Run creates ambiguity in the minds of lots of new investors. The most important questions we often get asked is whether markets will crash from here ? Should we exit ? and few other questions like these. We have made several videos to help you clarify many such questions and help you have the RIGHT MINDSET for a rewarding journey in investing.
We have put together a few of our previous Daily Bytes which we think might be relevant for times like these. Do have a look and send us your thoughts, questions or comments if any.
The smallcase products are all LONG ONLY products that invest in various subsegments of the markets but have the momentum theme underlying in all of them. The strategies will pick strong outperforming stocks and remove weak ones once a week (except Mi NNF10, Mi EverGreen & Mi India Top 10 which is monthly rebalanced)
These are all long term strategies that will create enormous wealth in each upswing and then maybe give some back in the downswing and repeating this process again and again achieving the compounding effect. With patience and grit to follow strategy over ups and downs over the last nearly five years it has been shown that much superior CAGR returns are possible than the benchmarks.
FY22 was also superb and I will let the numbers speak for themselves. You may read the Consolidated FY22 report.
We give an advance notice here on the upcoming changes in your smallcase for Monday . This advance notice can be used to ignore Monday update if there is no change. If there is a change indicated you can use the smallcase app or login to weekendinvesting.smallcase.com to see the rebalance. A back up email is sent by mid day Monday if you have not rebalanced by then and yet another one a day later.
Note : We are not including LIQUIDBEES as an ADD or an EXIT count.
The performance for the week and the month for all the smallcases is presented below.
Many of you had asked us to make the index series of all WeekendInvesting Products available so that you could perform your own analysis and studies. You can find a link to the LIVE sheet here and also on the HUB under support column in the content tab.
WeekendInvesting Telegram and YouTube Channel
We post daily content related to investing on our Weekendinvesting Telegram Channel and YouTube channel to help our community take stock of the performance of markets, sectors & our products and touch base upon a new topic every day. We look forward to having you all there.! The several videos in this blog are from this series.
We have created a document consolidating all important links that are often associated with WeekendInvesting. Click here (or on the image below) to access the same.
YouTube Live with Vivek Bajaj !
Mi NNF 10 Product Description Video
We have launched revamped versions of our STAIRS models and we had made a video giving you a basic introduction to the models.
STAIRS is a LONG / SHORT derivative strategy that is designed to offer an uncorrelated diversification option to your equity portfolio. STAIRS will do well when there are up trends & also when there are down trends while giving up some of the gains when markets remain rangebound / volatile.
You may go through our latest weekly report for more details.
All 4 STAIRS models go in line with our fundamental philosophy of making the most and compounding aggressively when markets give us trends and go very defensive as trends fizzle out and enter a rangebound territory thus providing a robust capital & profit protection.
Effectively – STAIRS is a complete trading system (Futures & Options) that covers each of the following decisions required for a successful trading outcome:
• Markets – What to buy or sell ?
• Position Sizing – How much to buy or sell ?
• Entries – When to buy or sell ?
• Stops – When to get out of a losing position ?
• Exits – When to get out of a winning position ?
We also run a dedicated telegram channel for STAIRS which you may join using this link
Catch Alok Jain live for CAIA!
There are several reasons why India needs more fund managers. First, the country’s population is continuing to grow, which means more people need to be able to save and invest for their future. Second, the Indian economy is becoming more complex, making it more difficult for individual investors to navigate independently. Finally, as the country’s capital markets continue to develop, there is an increasing need for professional fund managers who can help identify and invest in the best opportunities.
As the Indian economy continues to grow and see its best years ahead, this increasing need for fund managers is becoming more evident. We need more people who can help investors protect and generate wealth and invest the country’s capital wisely. While there are already many fund managers in India, it is estimated that the country will need even more in the coming years to keep up with the demand.
Catch me, Alok Jain, live as I comment on the current scenario and the pressing need for fund managers in our discussion – “Does India Need More Fund Managers?” on 24th November 2022. Apart from me, the panel consists of popular smallcase Manager – Divam Sharma, Founder, Green Portfolio. This discussion shall be moderated by Rakesh Rathod, Vice President, smallcase.
Register below to attend!
Hear Alok Jain live at the event!
This is all for this week. Please stay safe and we shall meet again next week. Bye!