The Good Bad and Ugly weekly review : 04 Nov 2022
- Less than 2% away from a fresh All Time High ! Nifty continued to surge ahead clocking (+1.86%) and seems to be well on its way to hitting a new peak. Though Nifty has comfortably closed above the testing trendline (dotted black line), there still seems to be some resistance around 18180 zone crossing which the journey towards ATH may be much smoother. RSI is slowly climbing up towards the overbought levels indicating buying momentum. The next two weeks shall be crucial.
- All benchmarks did well with Nifty Jnr leading the charge at (+2.15%). The weakest in the lot was Smallcap 250 which returned (+1.13%). With this week’s performance, all indices are in the positive territory when you look at the FY 23 figures. The drawdowns in Smallcaps also came down to single digits. Things are certainly looking promising with Indian markets showing strong relative strength.
- METALS sprung up once again after a sabbatical clocking (+7.49%) this week while COMMODITIES occupied the second spot with (+3.49%). All sectors did decent barring PVT BANKS which were the only ones to witness a flattish week. In the current FY 23, PSU BANKS which have been extraordinary clocking 30% while IT continues to be the weakest performer with a return of (-21%)
- WeekendInvesting strategies all had a superb week barring with Mi EverGreen topping the charts clocking a superb (+2.84%). Most strategies clocked in excess of 1% while Mi 25 was the only one to return a negative number for the week.
Brand New Smallcase – Mi India Top 10 !
Mi India Top 10 has been received with so much love from all corners. We would like to convey our heartfelt thanks to each and every investor for the faith & we hope to see you invested for many many years and
This is AN AFFORDABLE – LOW CHURN – MONTHLY REBALANCED ROTATIONAL MOMENTUM strategy that invests in Top 10 trending stocks from the robust Nifty 50 Universe.
This Consolidated Document contains all details – Introductory Video, interactive performance Charts & ppt, all videos made on the strategy.
A SHORT COURSE to Help you Stay Calm in All Market Conditions
Usually, quick – sharp corrections amidst a Bull Run creates ambiguity in the minds of lots of new investors. The most important questions we often get asked is whether markets will crash from here ? Should we exit ? and few other questions like these. We have made several videos to help you clarify many such questions and help you have the RIGHT MINDSET for a rewarding journey in investing.
We have put together a few of our previous Daily Bytes which we think might be relevant for times like these. Do have a look and send us your thoughts, questions or comments if any.
The smallcase products are all LONG ONLY products that invest in various subsegments of the markets but have the momentum theme underlying in all of them. The strategies will pick strong outperforming stocks and remove weak ones once a week (except NNF10 which is monthly rebalanced)
These are all long term strategies that will create enormous wealth in each upswing and then maybe give some back in the downswing and repeating this process again and again achieving the compounding effect. With patience and grit to follow strategy over ups and downs over the last nearly five years it has been shown that much superior CAGR returns are possible than the benchmarks.
FY22 was also superb and I will let the numbers speak for themselves. You may read the Consolidated FY22 report.
We give an advance notice here on the upcoming changes in your smallcase for Monday . This advance notice can be used to ignore Monday update if there is no change. If there is a change indicated you can use the smallcase app or login to weekendinvesting.smallcase.com to see the rebalance. A back up email is sent by mid day Monday if you have not rebalanced by then and yet another one a day later.
Note : We are not including LIQUIDBEES as an ADD or an EXIT count.
The performance for the week and the month for all the smallcases is presented below.
WeekendInvesting Products – LIVE Index Data
Many of you had asked us to make the index series of all WeekendInvesting Products available so that you could perform your own analysis and studies. You can find a link to the LIVE sheet here and also on the HUB under support column in the content tab.
WeekendInvesting Telegram and YouTube Channel
We post daily content related to investing on our Weekendinvesting Telegram Channel and YouTube channel to help our community take stock of the performance of markets, sectors & our products and touch base upon a new topic every day. We look forward to having you all there.! The several videos in this blog are from this series.
Important Links you should know about !
We have created a document consolidating all important links that are often associated with WeekendInvesting. Click here (or on the image below) to access the same.
We had an opportunity to interact with the amazing Vivek Bajaj. Here’s the second edition of F2F. Hope you enjoy the same.
STAIRS Revamped Models
We have launched revamped versions of our STAIRS models and we had made a video giving you a basic introduction to the models.
STAIRS is a LONG / SHORT derivative strategy that is designed to offer an uncorrelated diversification option to your equity portfolio. STAIRS will do well when there are up trends & also when there are down trends while giving up some of the gains when markets remain rangebound / volatile.
You may go through our latest weekly report for more details.
All 4 STAIRS models go in line with our fundamental philosophy of making the most and compounding aggressively when markets give us trends and go very defensive as trends fizzle out and enter a rangebound territory thus providing a robust capital & profit protection.
Effectively – STAIRS is a complete trading system (Futures & Options) that covers each of the following decisions required for a successful trading outcome:
• Markets – What to buy or sell ?
• Position Sizing – How much to buy or sell ?
• Entries – When to buy or sell ?
• Stops – When to get out of a losing position ?
• Exits – When to get out of a winning position ?
We also run a dedicated telegram channel for STAIRS which you may join using this link
This is all for this week. Please stay safe and we shall meet again next week. Bye !